Metabolic Health is The Root of Wellness + Disease
Many people think that metabolic health is all about weight. But it’s much more than that.
If your metabolic processes are running smoothly, you’ll experience more than just regulated weight—you’ll feel happier, more alert, and more energetic.
If you’re feeling off, metabolic dysfunction may be the culprit.
Explore More Research
- Effect of Hyperinsulinemia and Insulin Resistance on Endocrine, Metabolic and Fertility Outcomes in Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Undergoing Ovulation Induction. Zhang D, Yang X, Li J, Yu J, Wu X. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2019 Sep; 91(3):440-448.
- The Severity of Menstrual Dysfunction as a Predictor of Insulin Resistance in PCOS. Brower M, Brennan K, Pall M, Azziz R. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2013 Dec; Volume 98, Issue 12, 1: E1967–E1971.
- Fatigue, Endocrinopathies, and Metabolic Disorders. Kaltsas G, Vgontzas A, Chrousos G. PM&R. 2010. Volume 2, Issue 5:393-398.
- Surrogate Markers of Insulin Resistance in Predicting Major Depressive Disorder: Metabolism Metastasizes to the Brain Roger S. McIntyre RS. American Journal of Psychiatry. 2021 Oct; Vol. 178, No. 10.
- Attenuation of Insulin-Evoked Responses in Brain Networks Controlling Appetite and Reward in Insulin Resistance: The Cerebral Basis for Impaired Control of Food Intake in Metabolic Syndrome? Anthony K, Reed LJ, Dunn JT, Bingham E, Hopkins D, Marsden PK, Amiel SA. Diabetes 2006 Nov; 55(11):2986-92.
- Weight Gain and the Risk of Developing Insulin Resistance Syndrome Susan Everson, Glodberg D.E., Helmrich S.P., Lakka T.A., Lynch J.W., Kaplan G.A., Salonen J.T. Diabetes Care. 1998 Oct, 21 (10) 1637-1643.
- Management of Obesity. Bray GA, Frühbeck G, Ryan DH, Wilding JP.Lancet. 2016 May, 7;387(10031):1947-56.
THE ROOT OF WELLNESS
Unlock Your Metabolic Health.
We believe understanding your biology is the first step in transforming your health from the inside out. With the right tools, you have the power to take charge of your health and improve your well-being.*
1. Know Your Biology
Knowledge is power. Through a lab test, you can uncover key biomarkers that help you learn about your metabolic health. Our at-home kits allow you to test these factors at a fraction of the traditional cost and get a personalized explanation of your results.
2. Connect The Dots
Next, we help you see what your results are telling you. Each of your biomarkers is interconnected, so your analysis is unique to you. We’ll show you how everything is working together and raise a red flag if your results indicate potential health risks.
3. Personalize Your Habits
By knowing about what’s going on inside of you, you can take steps to support better metabolic processes. We’ll direct you toward evidence-based habits to help you thrive and give you talking points to discuss results with your physician. Not only will you get on the path to feeling better—you’ll also be investing in supporting your overall health and well-being.*
A Dose of Wellness
Our founder, obesity medicine physician Dr. Alexandra Sowa, recently joined a conversation with the ladies from the Plus SideZ podcast to answer questions on everything from the science behind metabolic...